A professional overview of my past employment, and skills I offer a level of expertise at.
Dec 2019 - Present
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked on Microsoft Ads core engineering team taking the lead on engineering deliverables, partnering with project managers & developers across the global team viz. ShopTheLookAds build-out, Price Gouging detection, Globalization effort adding support for new countries, Near Real Time (NRT) streaming pipeline for APAC tier, etc. [ BingAds search team ]
- Improved Image hosting infrastructure to add ~35% more headroom
- Reengineered ProductAds Spark streaming pipeline to efficiently scale for handling ~1 billion daily events [ Java, C#, Kafka, Apache Spark ]
- Optimized the offline batch pipelines by eliminating the bottlenecks and fine-tuning custom UDO operations to improve the SLA by 40% [ C#, Azure Data Lake Storage, Scope language ]
- Architected ProductAds WebService backend and partnered with the team to build the next-gen X-ray debugging tool [ C# web api / React / Redux ]
- Introduced Jupyter notebooks for automating repetitive support tasks and data analysis [ Python, Pandas, Dash & Plotly visualization framework ]
- Actively sought out opportunities to hack and improve internal processes
e.g. microservice for Spark job submission using Apache Livy, demoed SmartProductTagger tool at Microsoft Hackathon 2022, etc.
- Mentored, peer programmed with several engineers within and across teams to share best practises and bridge knowledge gaps
Jan 2015 – Nov 2019
- Designed docker-based Market Index Constituents REST Service used by Quant Research teams for backtesting and along with exception handling workflow frontend [ .NET Core, Docker, Mesosphere, Angular JS ]
- Worked on architecting a firmwide reference data master system with ElasticSearch as the backend and optimized indexing time by 90% [ C#, ElasticSearch, Rabbitmq, Splunk ]
- Partnered with Portfolio Management, and Middle office teams on several key initiatives e.g. IR Swap rewrite, modeling fungible Equity Index Swaps to simplify accounting in Geneva, support TBA securities, etc.
- Led and mentored a team of 5 offshore developers to deliver high impact projects, and steer legacy processes in the strategic technical direction
Feb 2010 – Jan 2015
Assistant Vice President
- Spent the last 3 years working with ESM, a firmwide Reference Data Master team building interfaces to Market Data providers like Reuters, Bloomberg, Rimes, etc. [ Java, Hadoop, Solr, Asset Control ]
- Worked on MBS trading platform & Risk Finance Data Warehouse teams